Tel: 020 8367 3999
Our people are our business, we have a positive attitude, value our staff and encourage them to be the best they can be. We are professional, organised with a friendly approach and dedicated to driving innovation. There are training and development opportunities. We offer a safe working environment, modern Information Technology and career paths. Every employee has the opportunity to realise their potential. With regular social events working for Vanderpump & Sykes is a happy and positive experience.
In a candidate we look for Enthusiasm, Creativity, Respectfulness, Determination, Dedication, Time management and a Strong Work Ethic. Teamwork is also vital. We build professional relationships with our clients and verbal communication is key to our success.
Do you have these skills ?
Opportunities to progress your own career and skill set
20 days holiday (for full time roles) + bank holidays + December festive period shutdown
Social committee with regular events including festive & summer socials funded by the company
We have extensive policies to promote equality
We currently have a vacancy for:
Experienced Property Solicitor (Fixed-term contract)
(PLEASE NOTE: Work Experience / Training Contracts / Vacation Schemes – Please note we are currently unable to offer placements)
Experienced Property Solicitor
Fixed-term contract starting from October 2022
An experienced property solicitor to head up a busy residential property department. The tasks will include to undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the department.
- Handling sales, purchases and remortgages until completion.
- Preparing reports on title.
- Liaising with agents, clients and plot sale managers to ensure parties are updated and informed.
- Plot sales.
- Transfer of Equity.
- Informal and formal lease extension deeds.
- The role will involve the support of one paralegal and one post completion assistant.
Full-time role – Hours 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are a progressive Legal 500 firm based in Enfield and are looking to recruit a Family Solicitor to join our team and manage a varied matrimonial caseload.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years PQE (although Applicant’s with higher PQE will be considered)
- Experience working with high net worth clients and dealing with complex legal issues including divorce, financial provision, TOLATA and children disputes
- A strong understanding of Family Law
- Excellent communication and organisational skills (both written and spoken)
- The ability to show empathy and understanding to clients and colleagues.
- A successful track record of dealing and delivering exceptional client service
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team in a busy family department
Previous experience in advocacy (although not essential)
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a friendly, hardworking and supportive team to develop and cultivate their skills.
Applications for all posted role(s) should be addressed to:
The Practice Manager
Vanderpump & Sykes LLP
2 Gladbeck Way
Enfield, EN2 7JA
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasionally, we are able to offer legal training contracts with our legal departments. When a vacancy arises we will advertise at the University of Law and in the Law Society Gazette inviting applicants to send their CV for consideration.
There are currently no opportunities for work experience or shadowing.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
We are unable to accept speculative introductions and CVs from recruitment agencies. We will not be bound by any terms and conditions in relation to attempted introductions.
Vanderpump & Sykes are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination with employees and clients.
In endeavouring to become an equal opportunities employer, we will ensure that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please click here for details of Vanderpump & Sykes' workforce diversity.