Tel: 020 8367 3999
Vanderpump & Sykes LLP Complaints Procedure & Timescales
At Vanderpump & Sykes LLP we are committed to providing all clients with a quality legal service. We pride ourselves on our high standard of professionalism, so if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received please do not hesitate to let us know.
We set out below the steps to be taken by you if you wish to query or complain about our service. These steps are based on the guideline laid down by the Legal Ombudsman.
- In the first place we would recommend that you speak with the person dealing with your matter to explore the possibility of resolving matters informally.
- If you remain dissatisfied, or do not feel an informal approach is appropriate, please feel free to raise a formal complaint by contacting our Complaints Partner, Peter Grunberger, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that under the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules of 1 April 2023 any complaint must in the first instance, other than in exceptional circumstances, be raised with a firm’s designated complaints officer.
- Peter will then consider and set out his response to your formal written complaint within eight weeks of its receipt.
- If you remain dissatisfied with his decision you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman to consider your case (By email : email@example.com or by telephone on 0300 555 0333, or by post at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ)*.
- The overall time frame for making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman is one year from the date of the act or omission when you should reasonably have known that there were grounds for complaint.
- In the first place you must raise your formal complaint in writing with the firm. If within 8 weeks of raising your complaint the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction you can then raise it with the Legal Ombudsman
- You must make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of the firm giving you its final decision.
*For more detailed guidance on bringing a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman please go to: https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/information-centre/consumer-resources/bringing-a-complaint-to-us/