Our will writing services help you to plan for the future; ensuring that your assets go to the people, places or causes that you want.
Anyone over the age of 18 can make a Will and it is effective until you change the contents, destroy the Will, marry/remarry or enter into a civil partnership. Since 2007 new rules mean that the survivor of a marriage or civil partnership can benefit from up to double the inheritance tax allowance (IHT).
Even if you already have a Will, it may be out of date or invalid because of:
- change in family circumstances
- concerns regarding long term (residential/nursing) care costs
- leaving foreign property in your will
- guardianship and children
- living together
Making a Will and updating it regularly ensures that changes in your circumstances are covered and avoids confusion and expense for those left behind. It gives you the choice to:
- safeguard your assets
- decide who manages your affairs
- create trusts for your children
- nominate guardians for your children
- benefit from tax savings
- make a charitable gift
- provide instructions for your funeral arrangements
- ensure protection against claims
Contact Vanderpump & Sykes for help in making an effective decision in an important area of your life.